You surely need a camp oven for cooking this dish. Now, start up preparing and cooking this delicious, tasty, and sumptuous Georgian Beef with Potato Stew. As long as you bring along with you the condiments and herbs necessary during your camping trip, you will never get hungry. Believe me! So, what are you waiting for? Cook and share!
2 pounds of Stewing beef (cut into Â¾-inch cubes)
1 stick of Butter
2 pieces of Onions (peeled and coarsely chopped)
2 pounds of Potatoes (peeled and chopped into Â¾-inch cubes)
2 pounds of Tomatoes (peeled and seeded or about 2 cans of 450 grams)
2 pieces of Bay leaves
3 cups of Fresh cilantro (chopped)
3 cups of Fresh basil (chopped)
1 piece of Green pepper (chopped)
2 cloves of Garlic (chopped)
1 piece of Hot red pepper (chopped) or Â½ teaspoon of Cayenne
1 teaspoon of Salt
1 cup of Water
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Put the meat in aÂ Dutch oven. You may also use Le Creuset pot or the like. Now, you can cook it for about 10 minutes while covered over low heat and stirring even once. Afterwards, you may uncover the pan and then turn the heat to high.
2. Cook it for another 10 minutes or so up until the liquid evaporates. Just remember that it may take a bit longer than 10 minutes. You can already add the butter at this point of time and then cook the meat over medium heat while browning it for around 10 minutes.
3. Add in the onions and potatoes then cook for about 5 more minutes.
4. Whilst the potatoes and the onions are cooking, you can now puree the tomatoes and put in the pan together with the remaining ingredients. Season it using pepper to taste.
5. Mix them well and then simmer while covered for about one hour.
6. Finally, you must check the potatoes for softness!
Best served over steamed bulgar, steamed rice or even with warm flat bread!